Sunday, March 27, 2011
I dreamed a dream
So either I am crazy, or I am going crazy, or I always was crazy and all of this baby stuff just makes me insane. But for once I have discovered that a blog no one knows you write is probably a good thing because you can say the crazy stuff and hopefully get it out into the open and by doing so get it OUT OF MY BRAIN!!!! So last night i had a dream that we had newborn twin girls. And they were fine, it it was in my house, it was really my husband and I. We were trying to get all of our relatives out so we could just take care of them. And I woke feeling like I should get up and go get them to bring into bed. It was a little like when you wake up feeling you're running late in the morning only to find you can sleep for another hour. So normal people would say it was a dream. But infertility has taken me so far from normal town I need a GPS. Having this dream during the 2WW is not really helpful when I had every intention of not tracking every twinge and "symptom" No intention of getting early detection tests. I swear this month I was going to run away from the crazies! But the thing is I don't feel totally crazy. I kinda feel fine, like "Of course this dream makes perfect sense, you just didn't know you were pregnant with twins." I even had this weird thought this morning like, "Oh no how will I break it to him that we're having two girls?" And then I had this thought of a photo of him with a little girl on each side, and it just seemed so settling and calm. Back in the day they would have burned me at the stake for even uttering that I believe something I saw in a dream. Maybe those "witches" had just been driven mad by infertility. Not sure whether to be scared its true or scared that after all these months I can't even escape this in my sleep. I want to be sane, and rationale, and to go back to the woman I was two days ago that barely remembers her dreams let alone cares what they mean. But I feel like I saw them. I saw possible. And maybe that was the point. That this journey maybe headed into its most difficult leg, but that its not impossible, that the dream we have is getting close enough to touch. Here's hoping. I dreamed a dream in time gone by When hope was high And life worth living I dreamed that love would never die I dreamed that God would be forgiving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment